The Pants community has several Maintainers: people with a proven track record of contributions to the community and an ongoing commitment to the project, who guide the contributions of the wider community.
It is the responsibility of a maintainer to uphold the health and quality of the project.
- Maintainers are responsible for the quality of the contributions they approve.
- Maintainers should raise objections to changes that may impact the performance, security, or maintainability of the project.
- Maintainers should help shepherd changes through our contribution process.
- Maintainers should maintain a courteous and professional demeanor when participating in the community.
- Maintainers should be regular participants on our public communications channels.
Pants publishes at least one new dev or stable release a week. A subset of the Maintainers takes responsibility for publishing these releases.
We use a Google Calendar to coordinate who is on release duty in a given week. When it is time for a release, the Maintainer who has release duty that week is responsible for updating the release documentation, creating release builds, and shepherding them through the review and release process.
Maintainer candidates are nominated by existing maintainers from among the wider contributor base. Criteria for nomination include:
- The candidate's desire to become a maintainer.
- A track record of good contributions.
- A friendly, helpful, positive attitude.
If a contributor has been nominated, and is willing to become a maintainer, then their candidacy will be discussed and voted on by the existing maintainers.
Updated 11 months ago