- The v1 engine is being removed in order to focus on providing excellent support for v2 language backends: for now, this means Python.
- Dependencies can now be automatically inferred (with manual corrections where necessary), avoiding significant BUILD file boilerplate.
- Pants is now more file-centric and less target-centric. Targets exist to apply metadata to files, but the unit of operation in most cases is a file. In particular, dependency inference happens at the file level.
- The dynamic UI now outputs results for
fmtas soon as it has them, rather than waiting for everything to finish.
- Added MyPy support. See typecheck.
- Added Python Coverage support. See test.
helpnow outputs the current value and the derivation of that value. This replaces the
- Added gRPC and MyPy Protobuf support. See Protobuf.
See here for a detailed change log.
See How to upgrade for a guide on upgrading from Pants 1.x to 2.0.
Updated 7 months ago